=== July–December ===
* [[August 1]] – Separate [[Topographical Bureau]] of the [[...|US War Department]].
* [[September 7]] – [[Carl III]] of [[Sweden-Norway]] is crowned king of [[Norway]], in [[Trondheim]].
* [[September 23]] – Border markers are formally installed for the [[Europe]]an territory of [[Moresnet]].
* [[October 5]] – [[Claudine Thévenet]] (known as 'Mary of St. Ignatius') founds the [[Roman Catholic]] order Religieuses de Jésus-Marie ("Religious of Jesus And Mary") in [[Lyon]], [[France]].
* [[October 20]] – [[Treaty of 1818|Treaty]] between the [[United States|U.S.]] and the [[United Kingdom]] establishes the boundary between the U.S. and [[British North America]] as the [[49th parallel north|49th parallel]] from the [[Lake of the Woods]] to the [[Rocky Mountains]], also creating the [[Northwest Angle]].
* [[November 11]] – is founded by [[Robert Morrison (missionary)|]] in [[Malacca]] (later renamed [[Ying Wa College]]).
* [[November 16]] – The Saint Louis Academy, which later becomes [[Saint Louis University]], is founded by Reverend [[Louis William Valentine Dubourg]].
* [[December 3]] – [[Illinois]] is admitted as the 21st [[U.S. state]].
* [[December 24]] – [[Silent Night (song)|]] composed by [[Franz Gruber (musician)|Franz Xaver Gruber]] and [[Josef Mohr]].