The office ceased its operations during [[World War Two]], during which most of its property was looted or destroyed. After the war, the only foreign offices still operating were those in [[Brussels]], [[New York]], [[Tel Aviv]], and [[London]]. Orbis was reopened on December 13, 1944 in [[Lublin]]. In [[...|Communist Poland]] it was a state-owned enterprise, and in the late 1940s, it was mostly involved in inter-city bus services as well as mass meetings.
Since the 1950s, Orbis took control over a network of [[Pension (lodging)|pensions]], with 5,000 beds. Furthermore, Orbis serviced sleeping and restaurant train cars. In 1951, nine top Polish hotels joined the agency. They were regarded as high-standard hotels, and enjoyed monopoly on both foreign and visitors.
After the [[Polish October|Polish thaw of 1956]], Orbis returned to international market. It organized foreign visits of Polish tourists, mostly to [[Eastern Bloc]] countries. Among most popular locations, were [[Bulgaria]]n resorts on the [[Black Sea]] coast, [[Lake Balaton]] in [[Hungary]], and [[Yugoslavia]]n coast of the [[Adriatic Sea]]. Furthermore, Orbis offered cruises on the [[TSS Stefan Batory]] and rented Soviet ships. In 1979, some 1,5 million people were served by Orbis.