From the first [[Partitions of Poland|partition]] of Poland in 1772 until 1918, the town was part of the [[Austrian monarchy]] (Austria side after the [[compromise of 1867]]), head of the RAWA RUSKA district, one of the 78 Bezirkshauptmannschaften in [[Austrian Galicia]] province (Crown land) in 1900.ref In 1880, its population was 10,500, with 37% Jews, 35% Poles, 20% Germans and 7% Ukrainians.
In 1857, Rawa received a rail connection with [[Jaroslaw]], and next year, the railroad reached [[Sokal]]. In the early 20th century, Rawa developed into a rail junction, with a connection to [[Lwow]], and , built in 1915. In the [[Second Polish Republic]], the line from to Rejowiec was of main importance, as it connected two main cities of Poland, [[Warsaw]] and Lwow. Due to the rail lines, Rawa prospered, and several businesses operated in the town. In 1918 - 1939, Rawa was the seat of a county in [[Lwow Voivodeship]]. In 1924, a Belgian company opened here a factory of [[railroad tie]]s. Furthermore, in the interbellum period Rawa was home of Main School of the [[Border Guard (Poland)|]], which was moved here in 1928 from [[Gora Kalwaria]]. The school had a department of training of guard dogs, also located in Rawa Ruska.