Sudova Vyshnia received its [[Magdeburg rights]] town charter in 1368. Originally, it was called Vyshnia (Wisznia), after the river [[Wisznia]], a tributary of the . The adjective Sudova (Polish: Sadowa) was added in 1545, when it became the seat of the general [[sejmik]]s of the [[Ruthenia]]n [[szlachta]]. In 1772, the town was annexed by the [[Habsburg Empire]], as part of [[Habsburg Monarchy|Habsburg Austrian]] [[Galicia (Eastern Europe)|]], where it remained until late 1918. In the [[Second Polish Republic]], Sadowa Wisznia belonged to County, [[Lwow Voivodeship]]. During the September 1939 [[Invasion of Poland]], the [[Battle of Jaworow]] took place in the area of the town.
When [[...|captured]] by the [[Soviet Union|USSR]] in the [[Second World War]], the town had a large main square, cobbled and with a podium - suitable for public meetings. [[Ukrainian SSR|Under Communism]], the square was planted over by trees and bushes - no more public meetings.