Truskavets is famous for its mineral springs, which have made it one of Ukraine's great resorts. For most visitors the primary goal is consuming the various 'local waters.' The most famous is the sulfur-scented, slightly saline 'Naftusia.' The town lies in an attractive little valley in the Carpathian foothills and is easily reached from [[L'viv]] by bus or train. The vast majority of tourists who come to Truskavets are either Ukrainian or Russian.
In 2000 a [[special economic zone]] (SEZ) was established in Truskavets for the period of 20 years.ref Known as "Kurortopolis Truskavets", the SEZ offers various tax privileges for businesses and investors. Some 13 investment projects have been approved under its framework, with the majority focusing on health and medical treatment.ref
Truskawiec was first mentioned in 1427. At that time the village was property of Kings of Poland, and was located in [[Ruthenian Voivodeship]]. First baths were opened here in 1827 when, after the [[Partitions of Poland]], Truskavets belonged to Austrian [[Galicia (Eastern Europe)|]]. In 1836 Jozef Micewski, with support of , initated construction of the spa complex. In 1853, the village was visited by [[Archduke Karl Ludwig of Austria]], and in 1898, a monument of [[Adam Mickiewicz]] was funded by Polish residents of the town. In 1911, a rail station was opened here, and by 1913, some 5,000 tourists came here annually.