In 1953 the Compton development Center was establishedref with programs designed for teens. In the late 1950s, the YWCA Greater Los Angeles began operation of a transient hotel for women and in 1965 the first Los Angeles Job Corps Center opened. By the late 1960s the YWCA established both the [[East Los Angeles (region)|]] and the Angeles Mesa Activity Centers.
By the late 1970s, the Infant Learning Center at [[San Fernando High School]] was opened in 1975 as the L.A. Job Corps program continued to grow and expand when it moved into the [[Hollywood Studio Club]].ref In the early 1980s, the YWCA began child development and lLtchkey Servicesref in thirteen area elementary schools within the [[Los Angeles Unified School District]]. In 1985 the Compton Center began counseling programs for women who were survivors of sexual assault which continued until the building was sold in 1993.
The YWCA became the lead agency for the “LA Bridges After School Program” at L.A.’s in 1998. The [[YWCA]] [[Greater Los Angeles Area|Greater Los Angeles]] was granted an extended five-year contract in 2000 for the operation of the LA Job Corpsref program from the Department of Labor.