Let define articles as named connected texts in main namespace with content about one of possible meanings of the term used as the text name.
Disambiguation pages describe multiple term meanings, collaborative lists and redirection pages contain no connected text, so they all cannot be treated as articles according to the definition above.
- Main namespace consists of 908170 articles
- (5617 of them are chronological articles),
- 109514 disambiguation pages and 2783 other pages (such as collaborative lists and soft redirects).
Isolated articles are not linked from most of the articles. Some of them (e.g. orphaned) are not linked at all.
Dead-end articles do not contain any links to other existent non-chronological articles. This defines a wider set than just "no links at all" not taking into account where those link go to.
- 2.223 % of articles are isolated articles of 12 various types.
- Determined 292 dead-end articles.
Links from chronological articles are not enough as providing low achievability to articles they link. Thus we do not take them into account doing orphaned and other isolated articles analysis.
- Average chronological article links 216 articles.
- Other articles link in average 62 articles.
- 9.104 % of links between articles are links to chrono articles.
- Average chrono article is linked from 930 articles.
full list of main namespace redirects with redundant links
This list contains pages, which are recognized by WikiMedia engine as redirects but, unlike to other redirects, containing (in addition to #REDIRECT[[article name]]) some other text with links or transcuding templates containing links to zero namespace. It is recommended to modify the content of pages in this list so that they become recognized as regular redirects or regular articles. In case the cause is in the template, removal of links to zero namespace would be of help.