This survey has been closed and can no longer be submitted.
Welcome to the participant's survey for Wiki Loves Monuments 2012!
The goal of this survey is to gather statistics about people who participated in Wiki Loves Monuments, their motivations for doing so, and their opinions on the way that the competition was organised. Our goal is to use this information to improve your experience with Wiki Loves Monuments 2013, and to make the next edition of the contest even friendlier, easier, and more fun to participate in!
We will use your answers in this survey to create anonymized statistics, and will not be using, sharing or making public any personally identifiable data under any circumstances.
It takes about 5 minutes to fill out this survey, and we thank you in advance for taking the time to do so. Please note that none of the questions are obligatory, and you can refrain from answering them if you wish to.
Elke, Lodewijk, Maarten and Tomasz
Wiki Loves Monuments coordinating team, email@example.com
1. What country do you live in?
2. In what year were you born?
I prefer not to disclose it
3. What is your gender?
Other / I prefer not to disclose
4. In which years did you participate in Wiki Loves Monuments?
Select all that apply.
5. Have you ever edited Wikipedia/Wikimedia before participating in Wiki Loves Monuments (the first time)?
Yes, I have been editing from time to time (less than five edits per month).
Yes, I have been a regular contributor (more than five edits per month).
No, I have never tried doing that before participating in Wiki Loves Monuments.
6. How did you find out about Wiki Loves Monuments 2012?
Through the banners on Wikipedia or other Wikimedia projects.
Through an information in the Village pump or at a community noticeboard.
Through social media (Facebook, Google+, Twitter…).
Through news media (on-line or printed).
Somebody I know told me about the competition.
7. What countries did you upload pictures for?
8. When were (most of) your submissions for 2012 taken?
I took the pictures in September 2012.
I took the pictures between January and August 2012.
I took the pictures between 2000 and 2011.
I took the pictures before 2000.
9. My main motivation for submitting a photo for Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 was:
To win a prize
To help Wikipedia
To discover local heritage
To share my local heritage with other people
It was easy enough, so I thought why not?
10. How hard it was for you to find general information about the competition
11. How hard was it for you to find lists of monuments for your country/your neighbourhood
12. How hard was it for you to find the monument identifier number for the monuments you were interested in
13. How hard was it for you to upload a picture for Wiki Loves Monuments 2012
14. What was the main obstacle, if any, for you to participate in the competition? If you wish, you can elaborate in detail, but also leave it empty
15. I am likely to participate in Wiki Loves Monuments again next year if organised in my country:
16. I would recommend participating in Wiki Loves Monuments to my friends:
17. I am now more likely to correct mistakes or add content to Wikipedia:
18. Please write down any further comments or suggestions about Wiki Loves Monuments:
You can leave this field empty.
19. If you'd like us to follow-up with the results of the survey or other announcements about Wiki Loves Monuments, leave your username and/or e-mail address below:
Username: You can leave this field empty.
E-mail address: You can leave this field empty.